Under the direct supervision of the Tribal Chairperson and the general supervision of the Tribal Council, the Tribal
Administrator shall have the responsibility of overall and day to day administrative and management operations of
the Kaibab Paiute Tribe. Through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, this professional provides
managerial leadership and oversight of all the Tribal entities. Oversee operations to insure production efficiency,
quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources. This person maintains and enhances Tribal resources,
Tribal Sovereignty, and land holdings, ensuring long-range prosperity.
SUPERVISOR: Tribal Chairperson
STATUS: Full-time, permanent/Benefits after 90 days
All Applications Due: February 22, 2023
Salary: $35-50/hr DOE
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Tribal Council Coordination/Communication
Implements directives of the Tribal Council, promoting the strategic plan at the departmental level.
Creates and maintains procedures for implementing plans approved by the Tribal Council. Represents
the Tribe in internal and external forms and processes with prior approval by the Tribal Council to
enhance the prestige of the Tribe to both the Kaibab Paiute Tribe and the external community;
participates in community events and is visible to the community.
This person directs the work of the senior level of Tribal management while managing competing needs
to achieve strategic advantage including the supervision of Departments and Directors, and oversees
effective corrective action as required. Oversees the operations of organization and manages compliance
with legal and regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities include the attainment of both short-term and long-term goals and the development of
the organization to ensure future growth. This person relies on sound judgment using current and
reliable data to plan and accomplish the mission and goals of the Kaibab Paiute Tribe. Ensures the
development of operating and capital budgets for all entities according to the budget policy; monitors
and provides monthly oversight for all budgets for the Tribe and its entities.
Working in conjunction with Department Directors, fosters a positive, results driven, accountable
environment; establishes credibility with the organization and Tribal council to develop solutions to
enterprise and governmental challenges. Takes an active role in communicating organizational goals and
objectives to all employees in the creation and maintenance of a strong organizational culture.
Reviews and evaluates program operations, ensuring that contractual obligations are fulfilled, and
modifying objectives as necessary in order to allocate resources for maximum effectiveness.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned to maintain and enhance departmental and agency
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience in strategic planning and execution; knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures; experience in formulating policy, and
- developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Knowledge of public relations principles and practices
- Knowledge of communication and public relations techniques
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to identify and secure funding and revenue sources
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, supervisor,
- management, Council members and the public. Have ability to sufficiently exchange or convey information
- and receive verbal and written work instructions
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the successful supervision and leadership of senior level executives,
- preferably with a tribal organization
- Must pass a fingerprint and criminal background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record clear of DUI’s or suspensions