The purpose of the CHR program with the Kaibab Band of Paiute Indians is to provide community health representative services and administrative health care delivery programs for the improvement and delivery of adequate health services to enrolled members of the Kaibab Band.
Scope of work to be provided / Services available to tribe
- Ambulatory care
- Dental care
- Emergency medical transportation services
- Preventative / Health care education
- Behavioral health services
- Mental health services
- Alcohol and drug abuse prevention
- Sex education
- AIDS prevention education
- Environmental health services
- Tobacco cessation services Ashline.org
The CHS program is used to supplement direct care services when necessary. The CHS program is the only program that can, through the CHS committee, authorize payment and determine the medical priority. A referral by HHCC provider to an outside facility does not mean that CHS will pay for the service. The CHS committee meets every week to determine which payments may be approved or denied. All requests for payment are reviewed on a case by case basis.
Eligibility Criteria for the CHS Program
- Updates must be turned in on a monthly basis to be eligible
- You must live in the U.S. and on a reservation located in the CHS delivery area
- You must be a member of the tribe located on the reservation
- You must use alternate resources or apply for alternative resources and provide the HHCC with a copy of determination HIS is the payer of last resort
- You must notify HHCC within 72 hours of treatment or hospitalization.