Bioterrorism Emergency Preparedness Program
Note: funded by the Center for Disease Control(CDC) through the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS)
General Statement of Duties
Part-Time position responsible for maintaining a Tribal Public Health Emergency Preparedness Program, overseeing all grant related activities, budgets, and reports. Included in program is taking an all-hazards emergency preparedness approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and manage the Tribal Bioterrorism Program following grant guidelines and deliverables.
- Attend all quarterly public health preparedness region committee meetings and conferences calls held in the Tribe’s region.
- Develop a Tribal Volunteer Coordination Plan. The plan will include the establishment of a Tribal Volunteer group. Ensure that all volunteers are in compliance with NIMS requirements.
- Participate in all statewide/regional/Tribal emergency response exercises and table-top exercises.
- Continue with Incident Command training for emergency response personnel, Tribal staff and Community members.
- Complete budgets, semi-annual and annual reports and submit to ADHS
- Financial Reporting – Submit all Contractor Expense Reports to ADHS through the Tribal Finance Department.
- Help develop and complete the Tribal Hazardous Material Emergency Response Plan and Community Evacuation Plan.
- Develop a Tribal All-Hazards Emergency Operations Plan
- Hold staff and community emergency management trainings
- Conduct exercise specific to Tribal needs in conjunction with ADHS and ITCA